Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Kosick Ocre???

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2000
      Okre means district, I believe. Don't know about the first two names, but
      sometimes two places merged into one.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2000
        In a message dated 05/11/2000 12:09:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, drav@...
        writes:

        << It lists
        > place of birth as Sverzof, Gaboltov, Kosick Ocre >>
        Not home to look in my atlas or Navzy Obci but think likely
        Sverzof is another name for Gaboltov - this village is famed for a beautiful
        madonna - a most gorgeous icon.

        Okres was an old designation for a region so likely they meant in Kosice
        region.

        helene