Re: [S-R] Plavnica Church Records

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      I only caught the reply to "Plavnica Church Records".
      I have my roots in Plavnica and nearby Hromos. There are other people in this group who also have their roots there. Two cousins have been doing a genealogy on Plavnica for over ten years. Their database of names and family branches are extensive. From the content I assume you are searching KNAPIK and VARGA. I have Knapik in my family line, no Varga.
      If you would like to contact my off group and send me the names and any other information on your grandparents I will see what information we may have on them.
      Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2006
        Bravo, John!
        Vladimir

        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2006
          >>> Bravo, John!
          > Vladimir

          Nech sa pac'i.
        • Jim Fendya
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2008
            Michael,
            Stephen Knapik (b: 1872, this is all the info I have about him)
            married my grandfather's sister Anna Fengya (b 1880 Circs). The two
            of them immigrated and lived in Bellefont, PA.
            Any information you can share about Stephen would be helpful.
            Their children were John, Mary, Andrew and Joseph.
            Also, I am in touch with my cousin, Stephanie Knapik, and would be
            happy to arrange an introduction.
            Thanks and regards,
            Jim Fendya

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@...>
            wrote:

            > I only caught the reply to "Plavnica Church Records".
            > I have my roots in Plavnica and nearby Hromos. There are other
            people in this group who also have their roots there. Two cousins
            have been doing a genealogy on Plavnica for over ten years. Their
            database of names and family branches are extensive. From the
            content I assume you are searching KNAPIK and VARGA. I have Knapik in
            my family line, no Varga.
            > If you would like to contact my off group and send me the names
            and any other information on your grandparents I will see what
            information we may have on them.
            > Michael Mojher

            It
            > is also necessary to know the religion. To locate church records
            for
            > Slovakia, knowing the village/town name, go to the LDS web site:
            > www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp The
            church
            > records cover baptisms (krsteni), marriages (sobeseni) and deaths
            > (zomreli).
            >
            > LDS has Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages,
            > deaths, and confirmations for the parish of Plavnica (Stará
            > L'ubovòa), Slovakia; formerly Plavnicza, Sáros, Hungary.
            >
            > Krstení 1693-1703, 1724-1748, 1714-1717, 1722 Krstení 1749-1777,
            > 1691, 1686, 1698 Krstení 1688-1690, 1693 Zomrelí 1700-1702, 1705-
            > 1706, 1710, 1714-1731 Zomrelí 1733-1736 Krstení 1723, 1715-1717
            > Zomrelí 1737-1738, 1732, 1739-1777 Sobásení 1683-1693, 1695-1702,
            > 1706-1707 Sobásení 1714-1718, 1722-1726 Krstení 1711-1714
            Sobásení
            > 1728-1744, 1748-1750 - FHL INTL Film [ 1793215 Item 2 ]
            >
            > Sobásení 1750-1758, 1744-1746, 1759-1777 Krstení 1843-1856, 1776-
            > 1779 Prestúpení Krstení 1779-1868, 1871 Zomrelí 1776-1869
            Sobásení
            > 1776-1868 Birmovaní 1851, 1836 Krstení 1868-1869 - FHL INTL Film
            [
            > 1793216 ]
            >
            > Krstení 1869-1879 Sobásení 1869-1880 Zomrelí 1869-1879 Krstení
            1879-
            > 1888 Sobásení 1881-1907 Zomrelí 1880-1889 Krstení 1888-1924
            Zomrelí
            > 1889-1890 - FHL INTL Film [ 1793217 ]
            >
            > Zomrelí 1889-1926 . DRUHOPISÝ: Krstení, sobásení, zomrelí 1865,
            1868-
            > 1895 - FHL INTL Film [ 1793218 Items 1-2 ]
            >
            > LDS also has the VERY INFORMATIVE 1869 Hungarian Census films.
            > Plavnicza (Plavnica) FHL INTL Film 2162320 Item 3
            > (cont.) Plavnicz (Plavnica) FHL INTL Film 2162321 Item 1
            >
            > LOCATE YOUR NEAREST FAMILY HISTORY CENTER AND ORDER FILM
            > You can go to the LDS web site to locate your nearest Family
            History
            > Center (FHC) and determine their hours of operation. You will
            need
            > to go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the
            > film will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your
            > research.
            >
            > TRANSLATION OF CHURCH RECORDS
            > Checkout http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/ for parish record header
            > translations.
            >
            > For a Hungarian translation guide which you can download -
            > http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/RG/frameset_rg.asp?

            Dest=G1&Aid=&Gid=&Lid=&Sid=&Did=&Juris1=&Event=&Year=&Gloss=&Sub=&Tab
            > =&Entry=&Guide=WLHungarian.ASP
            >
            > 1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
            > The old Hungarian map can be found at:
            > http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/saros.jpg
            >
            > Look in the upper left corner of the map for Paloncza. That's
            your
            > village on the 1910 map.
            >
            > SAVE the map on YOUR computer. OPEN the map in any graphics
            program.
            > CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you
            just
            > get a corner. This map uses the Hungarian village names that you
            > will likely find in church records.
            >
            > There's 200 years of family history. Happy squinting.

            Family genealogy