Re: [S-R] Very Brief Slovak Translation Needed

  • Peter Nagy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 11:37 PM
      Adrienne,

      The document is a study written by secondary school (in Slovakia
      gymnasium) student Miriam Pillarova in the framework of a competition
      organized by the secondary schools. The title is: The Jewish
      Congregation in Bardejov, its traditions and life during the Slovak State.

      The reference to Andrej Cverdel starts on page 21. In 1940 the Jewish
      citizens were divide to 15 groups according their residence. Each group
      comprised about 50 flats and each was supervised by a clerk assigned by
      the municipal office. 7th group - Kláštorná street houses No 4-24 with
      38 flats and Štefániková street houses No 1-28 with 10 flats. This group
      was managed by Gustáv Kozák, who was later replaced by Andrej Cverdel.

      I hope this will help