Very Brief Slovak Translation Needed

  • Adrienne Sowards
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2006
      I should have been more specific on my last e-mail.

      I only need a tiny bit of information from this document. Maybe a one or
      two sentence summary of the title page (what is this document about?) and
      then a translation of the short paragraph on Page 22 that mentions Andrej
      Cverdel.

      Could someone who knows Slovak translate a portion of this for me? I would
      only need a very basic and brief summary of what this document is. I would
      also like to know what is says about Andrej Cverdel on Page 22.

      Word version: http://www.gymlsbj.sk/texts/sjl/texty/judaizmus.doc

      HTTP version:
      http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:JHhGiVQA3fYJ:www.gymlsbj.sk/texts/sjl/texty/judaizmus.doc+cverdel&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=15

      Thanks in advance for your help!

      Approved Privacy Statement GetNetWise Anti-Spam Policy

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2006
        Adrienne,

        If you don't get any responses, let me make a suggestion, based on what I
        see work quite often in various genealogy groups.

        If you're asking for something for free (on something that is traditionally
        paid for), you need to meet them halfway. That is, make it easy for them
        and post the lines text you are interested in right in the request. Most
        people who seem to do this will not go to a link and dig around. Sometimes
        it becomes a "Pandora's box." People want to see what is in it. We can
        argue the merits of the efficiency of simply providing a link but, that's
        the way it is...

        I would also be very clear that you do not expect a precise translation.
        That is when lot of people drop out, because it is really difficult.

        If you get no success here, try Delphi Forums. There is a link to the forum
        here http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/networking.htm

        Hope this helps.

        Bill

        I should have been more specific on my last e-mail.

        I only need a tiny bit of information from this document. Maybe a one or
        two sentence summary of the title page (what is this document about?) and
        then a translation of the short paragraph on Page 22 that mentions Andrej
        Cverdel.

        Could someone who knows Slovak translate a portion of this for me? I would
        only need a very basic and brief summary of what this document is. I would
        also like to know what is says about Andrej Cverdel on Page 22.

        Word version: http://www.gymlsbj.sk/texts/sjl/texty/judaizmus.doc

        HTTP version:
        http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:JHhGiVQA3fYJ:www.gymlsbj.sk/texts/sjl/te
        xty/judaizmus.doc+cverdel&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=15

        Thanks in advance for your help!

        Approved Privacy Statement GetNetWise Anti-Spam Policy

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Peter Nagy
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2006
          Adrienne,

          The document is a study written by secondary school (in Slovakia
          gymnasium) student Miriam Pillarova in the framework of a competition
          organized by the secondary schools. The title is: The Jewish
          Congregation in Bardejov, its traditions and life during the Slovak State.

          The reference to Andrej Cverdel starts on page 21. In 1940 the Jewish
          citizens were divide to 15 groups according their residence. Each group
          comprised about 50 flats and each was supervised by a clerk assigned by
          the municipal office. 7th group - Kláštorná street houses No 4-24 with
          38 flats and Štefániková street houses No 1-28 with 10 flats. This group
          was managed by Gustáv Kozák, who was later replaced by Andrej Cverdel.

          I hope this will help