Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] John Daniels / Joseph Rindos?

  • Fred Corbett
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2000
      There are "Danihel" families living in Ford City, PA and there Danihels in
      Malacky, Bratislava County in western Slovakia.

      Fred Corbett

    • sabinov@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2000
        Hi Merry

        You need to get ahold of those naturalization papers, you can use the
        guidelines on my Hints page on how to do that easily by emailing the
        NARA branch that covers PA (Philly I think). That should give you some
        information to go on. You also need to check the rest of the censuses
        backwards, PA is soundexed for 1910, also check 1900 and keep going back
        until you don't find them.

        From there you can check local church records, and possibly ship
        arrivals. Land records and wills may also give you some help in finding
        a location in the old country.

        Good luck to you