immigrant's immigration file - Dawna

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2006
      Dawna,

      yes, it's still free. See the other response from me for details on writing.

      In a nutshell, for records that old, just ask for the WHOLE FILE, don't be
      specific to one document. You won't find much and you don't want to miss
      anything good that may be stuffed in the folder.

      It's not called a naturalization file. It's just the immigrant's
      immigration file. Not all immigrants became naturalized citizens, but
      there is still a some good stuff in there for people who never naturalized
      and remained "resident aliens". That's why I made the distinction.

      bill

      --
      Bill Tarkulich
      http://www.iabsi.com