Re: [S-R] Digest Number 2081

  • Dawna
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2006
      where do you currently write for the naturalization file? What information
      do they need from me? do I have to know where and when the person was
      naturalized? and did I hear right that i is still currently a free service?

      Thanks
      Dawna
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2006
        Dawna,

        yes, it's still free. See the other response from me for details on writing.

        In a nutshell, for records that old, just ask for the WHOLE FILE, don't be
        specific to one document. You won't find much and you don't want to miss
        anything good that may be stuffed in the folder.

        It's not called a naturalization file. It's just the immigrant's
        immigration file. Not all immigrants became naturalized citizens, but
        there is still a some good stuff in there for people who never naturalized
        and remained "resident aliens". That's why I made the distinction.

        bill

        --
        Bill Tarkulich
        http://www.iabsi.com