Re: [S-R] Re: social security application

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2006
      Hi Catherine,
      thank you for your reply.
      i am doing a search for a friend who does not know much of her family
      history. the social security application would have the names of her grandmother's
      parents and that would verify that we were on the right track.
      Noreen

    • jump4toys@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2006
        I tried to get a Social Security record of a person who died in NY in 1999
        and has the same last name from me, but they wouldn't release the records in
        NY/Kings County. I have the social security number, but why wouldn't they
        release the records (even for a fee) in this area?

        DAniel Wachtenheim

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 25, 2006
          Privacy legislation.

          From what I recall, for deaths that recent, you have to prove, with
          documentation that you are a direct descendant (child of or married to) in
          order to receive this, or wait a REAL long time after his death!

          --
          Bill Tarkulich
          http://www.iabsi.com