Re: RE: [S-R] Re: USCIS To Provide Fee-for-Service Genealogy  Program

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 9:52 PM
      At 12:47 AM 25/04/2006, you wrote:
      >What did you ask for? and to whom did you ask? I have not been able
      >ot locate either of my grandparents arrival in the US although the
      >1920 census shows they were citizens and arrives in 1904.

      At a meeting of Jewish Genealogical Society I was asking about
      information for New York I was pointed at a site called
      Italiangen it is not restricted to Italian information it has lots
      of databases of new York information.

      I found the information about my aunty's declaration of intent. I
      emailed NARA they replied and told me to contact the New York office
      because they would hold the information I wanted. I emailed them and
      got a reply telling me they had what i wanted and it would cost me
      $10US, they sent me the copy I sent them a money order.

      I had the opposite problem, found the entry at Ellis Is. couldn't
      find them in the census. A group member found the family for me. Very
      much appreciated I can tell you all, because they used their
      membership at Ancestry.Com to do it.

      Good Luck
      Nick