Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] John Daniels / Joseph Rindos?

  • Frank Kurchina
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2000
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, Hrtswhspr@a... wrote:
      > Perhaps it was spelled differently in Slovack. However...... from a
      different
      > list I recieved the following message.....
      > " In the Slovak Pride Book a name DANIEL is registered from
      Malacky in
      > the Bratislava county of the Slovak Republic."
      > Becoming the family historian has taught me to keep an open
      mind on ALL
      > subjects. Agian......... any and all help is appreciated.

      ahoj !

      The surnames Daniel, Danihel, and Danielis have appeared
      in the Slovakia census somwhere ?

      The Slovakia telephone directory lists :

      Ján Daniel Detva
      6 surname Daniel Banská Bystrica (next to Detva)

      82 surname Daniel Bratislava
      9 surname Daniel Zvolen

      3 surname Danielis Banská Bystrica

      1 surname Danihel Bánovce nad Bebravou
      48 surname Danihel Bratislava
      4 surname Danihel Zvolen

      Probably under other places as well.

      There are probably 40000-45000 Daniel surname bearers
      living just in the U.S.
    • Fred Corbett
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2000
        There are "Danihel" families living in Ford City, PA and there Danihels in
        Malacky, Bratislava County in western Slovakia.

        Fred Corbett

      • sabinov@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2000
          Hi Merry

          You need to get ahold of those naturalization papers, you can use the
          guidelines on my Hints page on how to do that easily by emailing the
          NARA branch that covers PA (Philly I think). That should give you some
          information to go on. You also need to check the rest of the censuses
          backwards, PA is soundexed for 1910, also check 1900 and keep going back
          until you don't find them.

          From there you can check local church records, and possibly ship
          arrivals. Land records and wills may also give you some help in finding
          a location in the old country.

          Good luck to you