John Daniels / Joseph Rindos?

  • Merry Garland
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2000
      Am seeking any info on the DANIELS line from Slovack. My great grand
      parents are both from Slovack. John and Barbara Daniels. ALL I have
      to go on at this time is the 1920 census........ where it mentions
      that John was "Nat. in PA 1892". I believe them to both be born
      about 1875 as in the 1920 census they were listed as 45yrs of age.
      They had at least 12 children........ from 1902 to 1920. The
      childrens names are John, Mary, Anna, Julia, Joseph, Helen (my
      grandmother), Stephen, Albert, Francis (m), Emerson, Bertha and
      David.
      It is possible that Barbara's last name was Rindos. Next
      to the Daniels in the 1920 census was Joseph RINDOS also born in
      Slovack ....... who had 7 children and many of the same names. Both
      he and Barbara reported thier nat. in Al., Barbara in 1899 and Joseph
      in 1900. Any help would be great it took me years to just find my
      grandmother.
    • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2000
        Dear Merry,

        Daniels isn't a common name in Slovakia, perhaps it was spelled differently
        and was changed to Daniels after coming to the US. The census record has a
        column regarding citizenship, is this where you found the "Nat. in PA 1892"
        entry? If so this probably refers to naturalization petition or the final
        naturalization filling.

        If they came to the US in 1892, they are probably on the 1900 and 1910
        census.

        Do you have any idea where they lived between 1892 and 1920?

        Is there some mention, however faint a memory, of a town in the "old
        country"?

        The church burial records may have the "place" from which they came in
        Slovakia. As fragmented as it is, it will give you a clue.

        Dr. "Q"