Gazo

  • Mary Gazo
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16, 1999
      Hi
      I have notice on another e-mail group that every one, put at less 6 names
      that they were
      researching , as a way of refreshing the other's minds, on who were search for
      Here are the names I'm looking for, any one who may have in any information
      please
      let me know Mary at wagzo@...

      John (Jon) Gazo b. 1894 Czechoslovakia
      Mary (Marka) Tomcik b.1899 Vavrisovo,Czechoslovakia
      Zuzana Sochor b.1865 Czechoslovakia
    • Andrea Vangor
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 16, 1999
        Mary, I may have seen some Tomciks in records I am looking through now -- I
        will check again. My plan was to hang on to them for a while and record all
        the surnames. They are baptismal records from the Lutheran church in
        Rankovce (Abov County), 1755-1842.

        > I have notice on another e-mail group that every one, put at less 6 names
        > that they were
        > researching , as a way of refreshing the other's minds, on who were search
        for
        > Here are the names I'm looking for, any one who may have in any
        information
        > please
        > let me know Mary at wagzo@...
        >
        > John (Jon) Gazo b. 1894 Czechoslovakia
        > Mary (Marka) Tomcik b.1899 Vavrisovo,Czechoslovakia
        > Zuzana Sochor b.1865 Czechoslovakia

        > ONElist members are using Shared Files in great ways!
        > http://www.onelist.com
        > Are you? If not, see our homepage for details.

      • Mary Gazo
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 16, 1999
          Hi Andrea
          Hopping you can find the Tomcik records here are some Marka family
          Her Parents were Jon Tomcik b.1858,,died 1925 married Suzana Sochor
          b. 1865 died 1928
          children Marka Tomcik b. April 7 1899 married Jon Gazo b. April/29/1894
          Jon Tomcik married Gizela Pastorek
          Peter Tomcik married Iiona Antal
          Jozef Tomcik died in WWI abt 1914
          Emilla Tomcik married Michal Plavka
          Suzana Tomcik married Daniel Sramo
          Suzana Sochor parents were Jon Sochor b. abt 1843 and Suzana Jancuskeva
          b abt 1843
          Any information on these names will be most appreciated or any Tomcik this
          information
          was given to me from a sister-in-law who left there at a very young age.
          Thank you Mary

          > I have notice on another e-mail group that every one, put at less 6 names
          > that they were
          > researching , as a way of refreshing the other's minds, on who were search
          for
          > Here are the names I'm looking for, any one who may have in any
          information
          > please
          > let me know Mary at wagzo@...
          >
          > John (Jon) Gazo b. 1894 Czechoslovakia
          > Mary (Marka) Tomcik b.1899 Vavrisovo,Czechoslovakia
          > Zuzana Sochor b.1865 Czechoslovakia

          > ONElist members are using Shared Files in great ways!
          > http://www.onelist.com
          > Are you? If not, see our homepage for details.

          Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
          http://www.onelist.com
          With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.

        • Andrea Vangor
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 16, 1999
            Dear Mary,

            Unless these people were Lutherans around Rankovce in Abov County, they are
            not going to show up in the baptismal records -- but I will check on the
            surname again, because there might be a bunch of Tomcik cousins of your
            relatives.

          • Rosamken@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 16, 1999
              Dear Mary:

              I participate in a group discussion thru www.delphi.com, in that group there
              is a slovak group that is extremely helpful and knowledgeable about Slovak
              and Czechoslovakian genealogy. No matter where I email, whether it is a
              genealogy board, or soap opera discussion or gardening discussion within this
              delphi site, I ALWAYS END MY EMAIL WITH WHO I AM SEARCHING. (I am not
              yelling), but this has opened up discussions with a lot of nonlist, non
              genealogy people...and who knows, someday it might payoff.

              In fact with delphi, you can set your signature with all the names and where
              they are from and it automatically lists those at the end of your response.

              When you go into www.delphi.com they will ask you to register (it costs
              nothing) and then search on genealogy, and it will come up with the forum for
              Czech site...I am not sure of the exact name, but it is one of the first that
              somes up. There is also a generic site called "Searching for Roots" and an
              Italian Site also...Hope it helps someone.

              Good Luck
              Rosemary - Las Vegas
              Searching for; Monastra, Bastanzio, Cerny (aka Cerney) Cianci, Chippari &
              Gillson
            • Mary Gazo
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 16, 1999
                Hi Andrea
                Any information will be a help, my sister-in-law said that because of all
                the wars and changing of
                the border and the fact that they were non Catholic, there wasn't always a
                choice in Churches
                they may have started out as Lutherans. I guess that at one time if the
                church was not a Catholic
                Church, that it was either destroyed or had to be build as far away from
                the Village area as
                possible, making it every hard to attended and that there were very few non
                Catholic Church.
                She only knows that her b. 1922 and her brother b, 1923 were in the baptist
                Church, and that
                some of the old Gazo's and Tomcik families may have even been Catholic. I
                do know that Mr..
                Gazo had told me that as a young child he had to learn many different
                languages, do to all the
                changes and wars at that time.. One of the main reasons he came to Canada
                was to give his
                children a better chance in life. As I would guess many other families did
                too.
                Mary at wgazo@...

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 16, 1999
                  Hi Rosemary
                  Thank you for the discussion group page there is a group that are very
                  interested in Czechoslovakian genealogy again thanks
                  Mary