Re: [S-R] Interpreting handwriting -- 1869 Hungarian Census

  • ajdolli
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 15, 2006
      <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

      > I have never seen any of the census written in Slovak. Magyar was the
      > language mandated.

      Sorry to disagree, Bill, but the Brezova pod Bradlom census was
      written in Slovak. A partial transcription is here:
      http://tinyurl.com/rco5o

      Anabeth
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 15, 2006
        Anabeth,
        I do not disagree.
        My statement is not in conflict with your statement.
        1. I never saw it.
        2. It was mandated.

        Of course, every rule has its exceptions.

        Bill

        > I have never seen any of the census written in Slovak. Magyar was the
        > language mandated.

        Sorry to disagree, Bill, but the Brezova pod Bradlom census was
        written in Slovak. A partial transcription is here:
        http://tinyurl.com/rco5o

        Anabeth

        Yahoo! Groups Links