[S-R] Re: Dzuricza, Lesko, Skapura, Hnilcik, Jakubany, PA, OH,,>

  • cathskap
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13 8:38 AM
      Yes, I know it's common. But I've got to start somewhere.

      I have the baptism of my husband's grandmother:
      Baptism Record LDS film #1739198
      Mathildis, born March 14, baptized March 17, 1878, female , legitimate
      parents: Josephus Lesko and Catharina Krajis, R. C., living at Kis
      Hnilecz # 14
      godparents: Andras Kovacz- ?Aster?, and Victoria Majkuth, R. C.

      So now I'm looking for information about Josephus Lesko and Catharina
      Krajis. And any of their relatives.

      <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

      > LESKO is a hugely common surname, with many unrelated lines. Tread
      > carefully lest you end up on many wild good chases.
      > Bill

      OH,,>

      > "cathskap" <cathskap@...>
      >
      > Your subject line mentions Lesko. There were Leskos living in
      Whitney,

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13 9:03 AM
        Not knowing your research strategy, it's unclear to me if you have
        identified you Lesko's village of origin. I know you are examining a
        specific village. Have you ascertained this is the correct village of
        origin?
        If not, IMHO I would be starting at identifying the village rather than what
        we used to call "roll calls" for surnames.

        Bill

        <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

        > LESKO is a hugely common surname, with many unrelated lines. Tread
        > carefully lest you end up on many wild good chases.
        > Bill

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • cathskap
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 13 12:38 PM
          Since they were living at Kis-Hnilecz #14, isn't it reasonable to
          start looking in Hnilcik, Bindt, etc?