RE: [S-R] Re: Dzuricza, Lesko, Skapura, Hnilcik, Jakubany, PA, OH,,>

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2006
      LESKO is a hugely common surname, with many unrelated lines. Tread
      carefully lest you end up on many wild good chases.
      Bill

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13, 2006
        Yes, I know it's common. But I've got to start somewhere.

        I have the baptism of my husband's grandmother:
        Baptism Record LDS film #1739198
        Mathildis, born March 14, baptized March 17, 1878, female , legitimate
        parents: Josephus Lesko and Catharina Krajis, R. C., living at Kis
        Hnilecz # 14
        godparents: Andras Kovacz- ?Aster?, and Victoria Majkuth, R. C.

        So now I'm looking for information about Josephus Lesko and Catharina
        Krajis. And any of their relatives.

        <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

        > LESKO is a hugely common surname, with many unrelated lines. Tread
        > carefully lest you end up on many wild good chases.
        > Bill

        OH,,>

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 13, 2006
          Not knowing your research strategy, it's unclear to me if you have
          identified you Lesko's village of origin. I know you are examining a
          specific village. Have you ascertained this is the correct village of
          origin?
          If not, IMHO I would be starting at identifying the village rather than what
          we used to call "roll calls" for surnames.

          Bill

          <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

          > LESKO is a hugely common surname, with many unrelated lines. Tread
          > carefully lest you end up on many wild good chases.
          > Bill

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • cathskap
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 13, 2006
            Since they were living at Kis-Hnilecz #14, isn't it reasonable to
            start looking in Hnilcik, Bindt, etc?