Re: [S-R] Digest Number 2070

  • Dawna
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11 1:46 PM
      well on most of the questions the answer is I am not sure. SENKIRIK/SENKIRIK
      were Catholic. although which kind (orthodox, roman etc) don't know. the
      family immagrated to Texas in 1907.

      http://stevemorse.org/ellis/galveston2.php?family=40059

      Ship: CHEMNITZ Date: 06/10/1907 Destination: SWEETWATER,TX

      Port of Departure: BREMEN Date Departed: 05/17/1907

      Family Last Name: SENKECIK ? Origin: MORAVIA

      Name Age Sex Occupation

      1 JOSEF 58 M FARMER

      2 FRANZ 31 M FARMER

      3 MARIE 26 F na

      4 JOSEF 4 M na

      5 ALOIS 11MO 0 M na

      6 MARIE 15 F na

      Note:

      VER. #5 OMAHA,NE 2\3\44 #6 SAN FRANCISCO,CA 10-15-38

      Citation Source

      INSMF-O5-D NATIONAL ARCHIVES RECORD GROUP 85, MICROCOPY 1359, ROLL #5

      marriage in nolan co texas Senkerek, Mary 11/21/07 Gahura, Anton

      according to a letter from Frank's wife (frank Jr was the youngest and was
      born after the family immigrated)-- who wrote to me on Frank Jr's behalf
      because his arthritis was too bad,:

      "Father- Frank Senkirik Sr. Borned March 29, 1874 in Bloeslav,
      Czechoslovakia died Dec 30 1930 age 54 years burried in Hermleigh Cemetery
      Hermleigh, Texas, Scurry Co.

      Mother- Marie (Blezek) Senkirik Borned March 24, 1883 in Prahura
      Czechoslovakia. Died in texas City, texas Sept. 17, 1961 - age 78 burried in
      Mont Olevet cemetery at Dickerson, Texas.

      Senkirik Children

      1. Joseph Borned 1900-death (unknown) burried at Odessa, Texas

      2. Louie- borned Oct. 1, 1902 died march 7, 1987 at Portland Oregon age 82

      3. Marry Marie Mraz- Borned March 24, 1909 inrosco, Texas, lives in nursing
      home in Texas city, Texas now.

      4. Sophie Hilcher- borned in Rosco, Tex. Feb. 22, 1912 died at Hermleigh,
      Texas Dec. 30, 1932 Burried in Hermleigh cemetery-

      5. Adolph- borned June 29, 1917 at Hermleigh, Texas.-Died unknown, Burried
      somewhere in California

      6. Frank Edd - Borned June 3, 1921 at hermleigh, Texas Scurry Co.

      Mary was married to Ed. Mraz who died in 1967, two boys were borned to them
      which are both dead now.

      Sophie was married to Charlie Hitcher. no children.

      That is about all Frank knows about the family...

      PS. Joseph had 4 children - 2 girls and 2 boys, 1 girl is dead"

      the 1910 census lists them as from Aust-Bohemia. the rest of the censuses I
      have found list them as from Bohemia. of course the 1930census also lists
      Marie's immigration as 1903 an Louie's as 1901. Joseph's in 1930 is listed
      as 1903 also, and lists his birthplace and parents as Austria, but his
      language as Bohemian..The 1910 census says they immigrated in 1906.

      In Memeory of Louie Senkirik

      Born October 1, 1904 Tlumacas, Czechoslovakia

      Died March 7, 1984 Clackamas, Oregon

      Funeral Service Monday March 12, 1984 1:00 PM at The Gresham Little Chapel
      of The Chimes

      Officiating Father Chester Wrzaszczak St. Anne Catholic Church...

      obituary:

      "11 Mar 1984 Portland, oregonian...Louie Senkirik Funeral for Louie
      Senkirik, a retired janitor and night watchman for Coast-to Coast stores,
      will be at 1p.m.Monday in Gresham Little Chapel of the Chimes. He was 79.
      Mr. Senkirik died Wednesday in a Portland hospital. He was born in
      Czechoslovakia and at the age of 2 moved to Galveston, Texas. He moved to
      Oregon in 1943. He was an Army veteran of world War II."--transcribed by Sue
      Wells

      The information I have on Gahura and Zelik came from a gedcom file I got off
      Familysearch. org which does not give the submitters information.. so I have
      no Idea what their sources were... Thank you for taking the time to respond
      to my querie...

      Dawna

      From: "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>
      2. I am also new to this group
      From: "Dawna" <dlmtle@...>
      3. Re: I am also new to this group
      From: <bbagin@...>
      4. Re: I am also new to this group
      From: "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 21:37:58 -0000
      From: "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>
      Subject: Bardejovska Zabava 1869 Census

      A while back, someone was asking about the 1869 Hungarian Census for
      Bardejovska Zabava. The SEARCH function seems to have had cardiac
      arrest. Here is a reply from Mick Sura.

      Bardejovska Zabava was still part of town Bardejov, they have never
      had any church there in Bardejovska Zabava. So, I do not think that
      there was census in Bardejovska Zabava in 1869. I am aware only
      Bardejov census 1849, which is kept in Bardejov archive.

      Mick

      Message: 2
      Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 15:50:22 -0700
      From: "Dawna" <dlmtle@...>
      Subject: I am also new to this group

      I am new to the group.
      Surnames:
      SENKIRIK (SENKYRIK --hacek over the s and r and an accentover the i)
      BLEZEK (blezer? BLAZEK?)
      ZELIK
      GAHURA

      places:
      Flumaca or Tlumacas (tlumacov?), , , Czechoslovakia

      Blazovice, Vyskov, Czechoslovakia or Bloeslav (boleslav?)

      Prahura, , , Czechoslovakia

      Szobrancz, Ung Megye, Hungary (ZELIK)

      Dawna Morton

      Message: 3
      Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 19:57:51 -0500 (CDT)
      From: <bbagin@...>
      Subject: Re: I am also new to this group

      my ggm came from bolesov. which is in the NW quadrant of Slovakia. 6 km
      from the Czech border.

      =====================
      From: Dawna <dlmtle@...>
      Date: Sat Apr 08 17:50:22 CDT 2006
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] I am also new to this group

      I am new to the group.
      Surnames:
      SENKIRIK (SENKYRIK --hacek over the s and r and an accentover the i)
      BLEZEK (blezer? BLAZEK?)
      ZELIK
      GAHURA

      places:
      Flumaca or Tlumacas (tlumacov?), , , Czechoslovakia

      Blazovice, Vyskov, Czechoslovakia or Bloeslav (boleslav?)

      Prahura, , , Czechoslovakia

      Szobrancz, Ung Megye, Hungary (ZELIK)

      Dawna Morton

      research Cellular phone family plan
      Family genealogy
      Family vacations Genealogy family tree
      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      Visit your group "<a
      href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS">SLOVAK-ROOTS</a>" on the
      web.

      Bruce Bagin
      5620 Forbes Avenue
      Pittsburgh, PA 15217-1524

      Message: 4
      Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 02:42:57 -0000
      From: "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>

      Welcome to the board and a new hobby. One thing you have left out is the
      religion associated with each family name.

      Let's start with an easy one. >>> Szobrancz, Ung Megye, Hungary
      (ZELIK) <<< Given that village name, we are starting with an assumption
      that the genealogy is Slovak rather than Czech.

      Sobrance is just east of Michalovce. The Zelik name appears in area code
      056, none are in Sobrance or nearby. GC church records are available for
      Sobrance at LDS. What religion was Zelik?

      Prahura? Are you sure? Any other clues? What is the source? Need more
      info on this village. Could it be Prague = Praha?

      Blazovice might be Blazov, Slovakia, formerly Balázsvágás,
      Sáros, Hungary. This area is a military reserve now. Vyskov might be
      Vyskov, Morava, Czech or it might be Vyskovce, Slovakia;
      formerly Viskócz, Sáros, Hungary. Boleslav might be in Bohemia.

      Flumaca or Tlumacas needs more information. Unable to identify.

      In Slovak phone records, the Senkyrik name appears ONLY in Trnava, area
      code 033, northwestern Slovakia.

      Blazek appears 154X. WHERE should we be looking? What language did they
      speak? What religion?
      Gahura appears 3X in area code 052 and 034. What village should we be
      looking at? Western Slovakia or north central? Or was Gahura Czech?