Re: [S-R] Re: STEIN village

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2006
      Dear Lorna,
      Are you trying to find a connection between your surname and a place with the same name? Or better say, find the roots of your family in a place called Stein?
      This hardly ever works, because the surnames derived from the place name have been created long before the records you can research.
      Vladimir

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12, 2006
        "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@...> wrote:
        >trying to find a connection between your surname and a place with
        >the same name?
        Well yes because I was so startled to see STEIN as a Bohemian town.
        >surnames derived from the place name have been created long before
        >the records you can research.
        Even if I couldn't establish a personal connection I still want to
        know if the derivation of the name might have come from that area.
        Thanks, Lorna
        > STEIN is a german word and means in englisch stone
        > greetings from Austria.> Richard
        Okay, but were there common ancestry between Germans and the Boii
        celts perhaps?