DIVIS

  • boiirose
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2006
      I am looking for DIVIS Bohemians from the Chicago area at the turn of
      the century. Particularly parents of Frank Divis. Apparently I had a
      grandfather Frank Divis (married to Rose Radocha) who died about
      1920's in a car wreck. The car was driven by another Frank Divis who
      was married to Ann, Rose Radocha's sister. Exhausted all family
      members' knowledge and at dead end. Help. Lorna Divis Stein
    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2006
        There were actually three Frank Dives in Chicago in the 1920 Census, two of
        them with wives named Rose! The first one, though, is probably the one you
        are looking for:

        Frank Divis, age 29, Box Maker, born Illinois, parents born
        Bohemia

        Rose, age 28

        Edward, age 8

        William, age 5

        Evelyn, age 1

        John Radocha, brother-in-law, single

        Frank Divis, age 31, Freight Handler for RR,

        Anna, 32

        George, 13

        Ladislaw, 11

        Raymond, 5

        Frank Divis, age 27

        Rose, 21

        Dorothy, 2

        The 1900 Census gives the first Frank Divis's family:

        Joseph Divis, born 10/1859

        Catherine, born 9/1865

        Anna, 1883

        Jim, 1885

        Joseph, 1887

        Frank, 1891

        Emil, 1894

        Charlie, 1898

        Parents had been married for 18 years. Both immigrated in 1875.

        _____

        I am looking for DIVIS Bohemians from the Chicago area at the turn of
        the century. Particularly parents of Frank Divis. Apparently I had a
        grandfather Frank Divis (married to Rose Radocha) who died about
        1920's in a car wreck. The car was driven by another Frank Divis who
        was married to Ann, Rose Radocha's sister. Exhausted all family
        members' knowledge and at dead end. Help. Lorna Divis Stein

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "SLOVAK-ROOTS
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> " on the web.

        _____

      • boiirose
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 12, 2006
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Janet Kozlay" <kozlay@...>
          wrote:> There were actually three Frank Divis in Chicago in the 1920
          Census
          Thank you so very much!! Yes the first Divis children are my aunts and
          uncles, so that would have been my grandfather! And the second name
          listed with the Anna wife must have been Rose's sister so I can maybe
          find part of that family that no one seems to know about, not even her
          brother. Lorna
        • Janet Kozlay
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 12, 2006
            Lorna,

            You had said you were looking for Frank's parents' names also, which are
            those shown in the 1900 Census.

            Good luck to you,

            Janet

            _____

            wrote:> There were actually three Frank Divis in Chicago in the 1920
            Census
            Thank you so very much!! Yes the first Divis children are my aunts and
            uncles, so that would have been my grandfather! And the second name
            listed with the Anna wife must have been Rose's sister so I can maybe
            find part of that family that no one seems to know about, not even her
            brother. Lorna

            Genealogy
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+research&w1=Genealogy+researc
            h&w2=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Family+vacations&w5=G
            enealogy+family+tree&c=5&s=127&.sig=xntgx6A0Rcg_VUSBl75now> research

            Cellular
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w1=Genealogy
            +research&w2=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Family+vacati
            ons&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&c=5&s=127&.sig=Sswj6jikI3GyAwN14MTVYw> phone
            family plan

            Family
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+genealogy&w1=Genealogy+research&
            w2=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Family+vacations&w5=Gen
            ealogy+family+tree&c=5&s=127&.sig=-i-j__amF_XiBBzdm0UFHg> genealogy

            Family
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+vacations&w1=Genealogy+research&
            w2=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Family+vacations&w5=Gen
            ealogy+family+tree&c=5&s=127&.sig=HQILCZUrY4Gx9vcx3YI4Rw> vacations

            Genealogy
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Genealogy+rese
            arch&w2=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w3=Family+genealogy&w4=Family+vacations&w
            5=Genealogy+family+tree&c=5&s=127&.sig=UW_mMLsFwcJFgSXIzYoW3Q> family tree

            _____