Herich surname

  • cathskap
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2006
      Anyone researching the Herich family?
      Karol Herich, born July 7 1869, died July 20, 1956. Married to Anna
      Geletko, born July 22, 1872, died July 13, 1949. They are buried in
      Hnilcik, Slovakia
      Photo of their gravestone at http://homepage.mac.com/rskapura1/hnilcik/

      Anna Herichova, born January 8, 1893, at Jerohutta #1. Married to
      Michal Geletko, born November 28, 1891, died June 6, 1965. Buried in
      Hnilcik, Slovakia.
      Photo of the double headstone at the above link. No death date for
      Anna.
      This makes me think she moved away, probably to live with one of her
      children, after her husband died and is buried somewhere else.
      There must have been children, because the headstone says, "Here lies
      our beloved father..."
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2006
        >>> This makes me think she moved away, probably to live with one of
        her children, after her husband died and is buried somewhere else. <<<

        If you assume that the children live in the same phone area code, the
        only other places where the Herich name appears in phone listings are
        Spisska Nova Ves and Smizany. Smizany is a western suburb of Spisska
        Nova Ves.
      • cathskap
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 10, 2006
          Thanks.