Re: I am also new to this group

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8 7:42 PM
      Welcome to the board and a new hobby. One thing you have left out is the
      religion associated with each family name.

      Let's start with an easy one. >>> Szobrancz, Ung Megye, Hungary
      (ZELIK) <<< Given that village name, we are starting with an assumption
      that the genealogy is Slovak rather than Czech.

      Sobrance is just east of Michalovce. The Zelik name appears in area code
      056, none are in Sobrance or nearby. GC church records are available for
      Sobrance at LDS. What religion was Zelik?

      Prahura? Are you sure? Any other clues? What is the source? Need more
      info on this village. Could it be Prague = Praha?

      Blazovice might be Blažov, Slovakia, formerly Balázsvágás,
      Sáros, Hungary. This area is a military reserve now. Vyskov might be
      Vyškov, Morava, Czech or it might be Vyškovce, Slovakia;
      formerly Viskócz, Sáros, Hungary. Boleslav might be in Bohemia.

      Flumaca or Tlumacas needs more information. Unable to identify.

      In Slovak phone records, the Senkyrik name appears ONLY in Trnava, area
      code 033, northwestern Slovakia.

      Blazek appears 154X. WHERE should we be looking? What language did they
      speak? What religion?
      Gahura appears 3X in area code 052 and 034. What village should we be
      looking at? Western Slovakia or north central? Or was Gahura Czech?