city names

  • R D Gale
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27 12:31 PM
      Hi, everyone! I have been reading history about East Central Europe along with my genealogical research. I find the names of the cities and towns so confusing....they changed with time periods, rulers, languages, etc. For example, at one time Bratislava was Pressberg, or Gdansk was Danzig. So my question for help is: does anyone know of a resource list that gives the names of towns and cities in various languages for various periods of history? I am not talking about my little ancestral villages, but of the larger places in history. This would make my life easier...if one doesn't exist, I may have to create one!

      Thanks for your help!

      Bobbi D. Gale