There Once Was a World: A 900-Year Chronicle of the Shtetl of Eishyshok:

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2006
      I with my wife had the pleasure of attending a talk on "There Once
      Was a World: A 900-Year Chronicle of the Shtetl of Eishyshok: " and
      we saw a video about the survivors return to their home.

      Even though it is not Slovak it is a very good eye opener for a few
      reasons (1) what was life like in Europe in the 1800 to early 1900s
      and (2) how the life of the Jews in this town (and other towns) was
      destroyed in just a few days. It also showed the life long traumas
      suffered by those who survived.(3) how the people living there now
      wish to deny that they had anything to do with the massacre.

      Nick