Photos - webcams

  • troskybob
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 25, 2006
      bb,

      I can't help with photos but here's a link for some webcams
      throughout Slovakia. Maybe there's one near what you're looking for.

      Bob Trosky

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Bagin <bagin15217@...>
      wrote:

      > Does anyone have any photos of kamenicany or skycov?
      > My grandfather was from kamenicany and my grandmother
      > from Skycov. I wouldlike to see what thes aeas are
      > like.
      >
      > Many thanks
      >
      > bb

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • troskybob
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 25, 2006
        Whoops - here's the link:

        http://www.webcam-index.com/Europe/Slovakia/

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "troskybob" <bob@...> wrote:

        > bb,
        >
        > I can't help with photos but here's a link for some webcams
        > throughout Slovakia. Maybe there's one near what you're looking
        for.

        > Bob Trosky
        >

        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Bagin <bagin15217@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Does anyone have any photos of kamenicany or skycov?
        > > My grandfather was from kamenicany and my grandmother
        > > from Skycov. I wouldlike to see what thes aeas are
        > > like.
        > >
        > > Many thanks
        > >
        > > bb

        > > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • sandman6294
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 26, 2006
          > ***********
          > At 09:21 PM 3/24/2006, you wrote:
          >
          > >Does anyone know whether a wife automatically became a citizen
          here
          > >in the US when her husband did she have to go through the process
          > >for herself? I found naturalization papers for my grandfather
          > >around 1907 but none for my grandmother.
          > > Thanks for any info.

          I believe she became a citizen:

          http://home.att.net/~arnielang/ship08.html#NatReqBefore

          "Then, in 1922, women at least 21 years old became eligible for
          citizenship, regardless of their marital status. By this act, women
          could not become a citizen by virtue of her marriage to a citizen."

          I remember helping my mother study for her citizenship exams as a
          youngster in the early 40's. I learned a lot more about our
          government as a 10 year old helping her than I did in school.

          RU
        • R D Gale
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 27, 2006
            It is my understanding that, before 1920, when a male was naturalized, his wife (and foreign-born children???) automatically became citizens, too. I am sure that the wife's status followed that of the husband - I am not so sure about the children. R D Gale

            http://home.att.net/~arnielang/ship08.html#NatReqBefore<http://home.att.net/~arnielang/ship08.html#NatReqBefore>

            "Then, in 1922, women at least 21 years old became eligible for
            citizenship, regardless of their marital status. By this act, women
            could not become a citizen by virtue of her marriage to a citizen."

            I remember helping my mother study for her citizenship exams as a
            youngster in the early 40's. I learned a lot more about our
            government as a 10 year old helping her than I did in school.

            RU

            Yahoo! Groups Links