Fw: New Member

  • Bill Kroll
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2000
      Hi,

      I am just starting out to research family origins in the Slovak Republic. I started with as much oral history as I could get from surviving family. We have some relatives, cousins of my mother and uncle, still living in Slovakia. I am planning a trip to Slovakia later this year to meet them and do some research.
      I am looking for BIZUB, KALMAN, NARCIS, and CZARNOVSKY( Possibly CZARNOHOVSKY) origins in Kazomarok, Slovakia, and the Orava River valley. My maternal Grandparents emigrated from that area of Austria-Hungary around 1900. Any connections, leads, or helpful hints would be appreciated.
      So far, I have found that a lot of the information from family can be contradictory (or maybe just confused), and even records that should be fairly reliable have errors. i.e., My brothers' birth certificate (Chicago, 1945) has my mothers' middle name wrong, and my wifes' grandfathers naturalization papers list his age as 46 instead of 64. If records are universally this accurate, I understand why tracing family may be an interesting process!

      Thanks,

      Bill Kroll

    • grayce ezarik
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2000
        Bill, there are skads of our ancestors that came from the same region, could
        be they were neighbors. My great uncle wrote his memoirs and they were hard
        times there, very hard times, they probably came over on the same ship. Too
        bad he didn't mention who his friends were there...............grayce

      • Rosamken@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2000
          Dear Bill:

          I am having the same problem in researching my family, as family historians
          are not in agreement on information. My mother, I thought, was a fairly
          accurate historian on family history, but I found that either she was
          confused, towards the end of her life, or didn't have accurate information
          all her life. It make the hunt worthwhile. and I love a good mystery.

          God Bless
          Rosemary - Las Vegas
          Searching for: BASTANZIO, CALIENNI, CASTROVINCI, CERNY, CHIPPARI, CIANCI,
          GARRISON, GILLSON, MONASTRA, & SLADKY