Re: [S-R] Naturalization record for WWII refugies

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2006
      At 04:01 PM 7/03/2006, you wrote:
      >Hi,
      >
      >Does anyone if it is possible to find an immigration/naturalization
      >record of a woman that immigrated to US shortly after WWII if only her
      >maiden name is known and destination state, and town of origin in
      >Slovakia? The name is not a common name so the issue is just if the
      >written records are indexed by maiden name.
      >
      >/Dave

      My aunty went through Ellis island to New York and I found her
      application for citizenship at Italiangen

      http://www.italiangen.org/default.htm then I applied to NARA ( Us
      national archives for copy of application. it cost ten dollars and
      took a couple of weeks to arrive in Australia.

      Lots of information on it.

      Good luck

      Nick
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2006
        You can also have the INS/BCIS search their records under the Freedom of
        Information Act, without going through a front-end list such as Italiangen.
        The file will generally be indexed based on the surname they immigrated
        with, married or unmarried.

        Bill

        >Does anyone if it is possible to find an immigration/naturalization
        >record of a woman that immigrated to US shortly after WWII if only her
        >maiden name is known and destination state, and town of origin in
        >Slovakia? The name is not a common name so the issue is just if the
        >written records are indexed by maiden name.
        >
        >/Dave

        My aunty went through Ellis island to New York and I found her
        application for citizenship at Italiangen

        http://www.italiangen.org/default.htm then I applied to NARA ( Us
        national archives for copy of application. it cost ten dollars and
        took a couple of weeks to arrive in Australia.

        Lots of information on it.

        Good luck

        Nick

        Yahoo! Groups Links