Naturalization record for WWII refugies

  • dholoshka
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7 12:01 AM
      Hi,

      Does anyone if it is possible to find an immigration/naturalization
      record of a woman that immigrated to US shortly after WWII if only her
      maiden name is known and destination state, and town of origin in
      Slovakia? The name is not a common name so the issue is just if the
      written records are indexed by maiden name.

      /Dave
    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7 2:01 AM
        At 04:01 PM 7/03/2006, you wrote:
        >Hi,
        >
        >Does anyone if it is possible to find an immigration/naturalization
        >record of a woman that immigrated to US shortly after WWII if only her
        >maiden name is known and destination state, and town of origin in
        >Slovakia? The name is not a common name so the issue is just if the
        >written records are indexed by maiden name.
        >
        >/Dave

        My aunty went through Ellis island to New York and I found her
        application for citizenship at Italiangen

        http://www.italiangen.org/default.htm then I applied to NARA ( Us
        national archives for copy of application. it cost ten dollars and
        took a couple of weeks to arrive in Australia.

        Lots of information on it.

        Good luck

        Nick
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7 4:28 AM
          You can also have the INS/BCIS search their records under the Freedom of
          Information Act, without going through a front-end list such as Italiangen.
          The file will generally be indexed based on the surname they immigrated
          with, married or unmarried.

          Bill

          >Does anyone if it is possible to find an immigration/naturalization
          >record of a woman that immigrated to US shortly after WWII if only her
          >maiden name is known and destination state, and town of origin in
          >Slovakia? The name is not a common name so the issue is just if the
          >written records are indexed by maiden name.
          >
          >/Dave

          My aunty went through Ellis island to New York and I found her
          application for citizenship at Italiangen

          http://www.italiangen.org/default.htm then I applied to NARA ( Us
          national archives for copy of application. it cost ten dollars and
          took a couple of weeks to arrive in Australia.

          Lots of information on it.

          Good luck

          Nick

          Yahoo! Groups Links