RE: [S-R] Re: PLEASE Help with Handwriting...on Marriage Record :)

  • Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2006
      It might be Kozsusovsky. "zs" is Hungarian spelling for the "z" sound
      in English azure, or the "s" in measure (the Slovak spelling would be
      "z" with a diacritic over it).

      Joe

      ******
      > Maria should appear again in the birth records about a year later --

      > in the husband's parish records.

      I did find several children - the scribe has retained the job and the
      handwriting is the same.

      I found an Elisab. married Jacob who appears to have the same last
      name as my Maria - perhaps this image is a bit clearer. Added to the
      Popovic in Vysny Slavkov Album.

      Thanks for looking at this with me.
    • fc_popovich
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2006
        I see the K O and the OVSKY, the rest was up for interpretation,
        you may be right about that being a Z - it looks like lower case "r"
        or "e".

        Thanks very much. :)

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)"