Re: PLEASE Help with Handwriting...on Marriage Record :)

  • fc_popovich
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6 12:53 PM

      > Any chance that you can darken the image a bit?

      I will try that. Thanks
    • fc_popovich
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6 1:12 PM

        > -----? age 18. Date of Feb. 16.<<<
        >
        > Maria should appear again in the birth records about a year later --
        > in the husband's parish records.

        I did find several children - the scribe has retained the job and the
        handwriting is the same.

        I found an Elisab. married Jacob who appears to have the same last
        name as my Maria - perhaps this image is a bit clearer. Added to the
        Popovic in Vysny Slavkov Album.

        Thanks for looking at this with me.
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6 2:13 PM
          IF you can decipher the first three letters, pop it into the Slovak
          Republic phone book. You'll get a sense for similar names, then look
          regionally for people with like-looking names that are still in the area.
          bt

          --
          Bill Tarkulich
          http://www.iabsi.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6 3:42 PM
            Thanks for the suggestion. I have to tell you thanks for suggesting
            this earlier with my Popovic name. The Slavak Phone directory turned
            up One Popovic who did infact write me back. He is a 2nd cousin once
            removed !!!!