Re: PLEASE Help with Handwriting...on Marriage Record :)

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
      >>> The name in question is with Joannes Popovic - age 20 and Maria ---
      -----? age 18. Date of Feb. 16.<<<

      Maria should appear again in the birth records about a year later --
      in the husband's parish records.
    • fc_popovich
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006

        > Any chance that you can darken the image a bit?

        I will try that. Thanks
      • fc_popovich
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006

          > -----? age 18. Date of Feb. 16.<<<
          >
          > Maria should appear again in the birth records about a year later --
          > in the husband's parish records.

          I did find several children - the scribe has retained the job and the
          handwriting is the same.

          I found an Elisab. married Jacob who appears to have the same last
          name as my Maria - perhaps this image is a bit clearer. Added to the
          Popovic in Vysny Slavkov Album.

          Thanks for looking at this with me.
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
            IF you can decipher the first three letters, pop it into the Slovak
            Republic phone book. You'll get a sense for similar names, then look
            regionally for people with like-looking names that are still in the area.
            bt

            --
            Bill Tarkulich
            http://www.iabsi.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
              Thanks for the suggestion. I have to tell you thanks for suggesting
              this earlier with my Popovic name. The Slavak Phone directory turned
              up One Popovic who did infact write me back. He is a 2nd cousin once
              removed !!!!