Re: PLEASE Help with Handwriting...on Marriage Record :)

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
      Any chance that you can darken the image a bit?
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
        >>> The name in question is with Joannes Popovic - age 20 and Maria ---
        -----? age 18. Date of Feb. 16.<<<

        Maria should appear again in the birth records about a year later --
        in the husband's parish records.
      • fc_popovich
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006

          > Any chance that you can darken the image a bit?

          I will try that. Thanks
        • fc_popovich
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006

            > -----? age 18. Date of Feb. 16.<<<
            >
            > Maria should appear again in the birth records about a year later --
            > in the husband's parish records.

            I did find several children - the scribe has retained the job and the
            handwriting is the same.

            I found an Elisab. married Jacob who appears to have the same last
            name as my Maria - perhaps this image is a bit clearer. Added to the
            Popovic in Vysny Slavkov Album.

            Thanks for looking at this with me.
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
              IF you can decipher the first three letters, pop it into the Slovak
              Republic phone book. You'll get a sense for similar names, then look
              regionally for people with like-looking names that are still in the area.
              bt

              --
              Bill Tarkulich
              http://www.iabsi.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
                Thanks for the suggestion. I have to tell you thanks for suggesting
                this earlier with my Popovic name. The Slavak Phone directory turned
                up One Popovic who did infact write me back. He is a 2nd cousin once
                removed !!!!