PLEASE Help with Handwriting...on Marriage Record :)

  • fc_popovich
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
      Hello,

      Please help with the decipering of a handwritten name.

      I have uploaded a copy of an 1830 Church record to the Photos
      section; Album: Popovic in Vysny Slavkov.

      The name in question is with Joannes Popovic - age
      20 and Maria --------? age 18. Date of Feb. 16.

      Looks like Koesusovsky ???? (Too many s's)

      I have been through every name in the SLOVAK PRIDE listing and cannot
      find any similar name. Is it true that a name ending in "sky"
      indicates that the first part of the name is a location/village ?

      Any assistance is geatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

      Fran
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
        Any chance that you can darken the image a bit?
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
          >>> The name in question is with Joannes Popovic - age 20 and Maria ---
          -----? age 18. Date of Feb. 16.<<<

          Maria should appear again in the birth records about a year later --
          in the husband's parish records.
        • fc_popovich
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006

            > Any chance that you can darken the image a bit?

            I will try that. Thanks
          • fc_popovich
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006

              > -----? age 18. Date of Feb. 16.<<<
              >
              > Maria should appear again in the birth records about a year later --
              > in the husband's parish records.

              I did find several children - the scribe has retained the job and the
              handwriting is the same.

              I found an Elisab. married Jacob who appears to have the same last
              name as my Maria - perhaps this image is a bit clearer. Added to the
              Popovic in Vysny Slavkov Album.

              Thanks for looking at this with me.
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
                IF you can decipher the first three letters, pop it into the Slovak
                Republic phone book. You'll get a sense for similar names, then look
                regionally for people with like-looking names that are still in the area.
                bt

                --
                Bill Tarkulich
                http://www.iabsi.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
                  Thanks for the suggestion. I have to tell you thanks for suggesting
                  this earlier with my Popovic name. The Slavak Phone directory turned
                  up One Popovic who did infact write me back. He is a 2nd cousin once
                  removed !!!!