Torontalszigit

  • kitty_stacy_baby
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
      Torontalszigit is the place that my family (REHLING) came from. Is
      there a new name for the town or village. I know it may be possible
      that they changed their name when they came to this country but cannot
      find them any where yet. I'm also researching Scholz, Bambusch family.
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2006
        >>> Torontalszigit is the place that my family (REHLING) came from. Is
        there a new name for the town or village. <<<

        County and village name are joined together.

        Torontal megye = county

        Here's a county map
        http://www.talmamedia.com/map/hhcounty/images/megyek1/toront.gif

        Look near the bottom of map, just above Antalfalva and due north of
        Belgrad. There you have it: Torontalsziget.
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2006
          >>> family (REHLING) came from <<<

          Using the Morse site white form http://www.stevemorse.org/ here are
          the listings for Rehling from "Tvo" on Ellis Island. The title row
          folds in this format but you can line them up. Spelling of village is
          a transcription error.

          Name Residence Arrived Age Born Passenger Record
          Scanned Manifest
          Rehling,Adam Tvontal Sziget 1905 16 1889  view  view
          Rehling,Antal Tvontal Sziget 1905 3 1902  view  view
          Rehling,Antal Tvontal Sziget 1905 38 1867  view  view
          Rehling,Jozsef Tvontal Sziget 1905 11 1894  view  view
          Rehling,Jozsi Tvontal Sziget 1905 10 1895  view  view
          Rehling,Kata Tvontal Sziget 1905 14 1891  view  view
          Rehling,Kata Tvontal Sziget 1905 36 1869  view  view
          Rehling,Magda Tvontal Sziget 1905 6 1899  view  view
          Rehling,Matyas Tvontal Sziget 1905 0 1905  view  view
          Rehling,Peter Tvontal Sziget 1905 18 1887  view  view
        • stacy simonson
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2006
            Thanks, I already had this info but thanks any way, I was wondering if the city name was changed since 1905. like alot of the other cities or villages, if any one knows.

            johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: >>> family (REHLING) came from <<<

            Using the Morse site white form http://www.stevemorse.org/ here are
            the listings for Rehling from "Tvo" on Ellis Island. The title row
            folds in this format but you can line them up. Spelling of village is
            a transcription error.

            Name Residence Arrived Age Born Passenger Record
            Scanned Manifest
            Rehling,Adam Tvontal Sziget 1905 16 1889 view view
            Rehling,Antal Tvontal Sziget 1905 3 1902 view view
            Rehling,Antal Tvontal Sziget 1905 38 1867 view view
            Rehling,Jozsef Tvontal Sziget 1905 11 1894 view view
            Rehling,Jozsi Tvontal Sziget 1905 10 1895 view view
            Rehling,Kata Tvontal Sziget 1905 14 1891 view view
            Rehling,Kata Tvontal Sziget 1905 36 1869 view view
            Rehling,Magda Tvontal Sziget 1905 6 1899 view view
            Rehling,Matyas Tvontal Sziget 1905 0 1905 view view
            Rehling,Peter Tvontal Sziget 1905 18 1887 view view

            Genealogy research Cellular phone family plan Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree

          • johnqadam
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4, 2006
              >>> I was wondering if the city name was changed since 1905. <<<

              You might have a look at a map of Serbia & Montenegro on Mapquest and
              locate Sakule. That's your spot.