Re: [S-R] No messages

  • Janet McKinley
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 18, 2006
      The easiest way to double check postings is by going to the main website. Things have been pretty quiet.

      Janet
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 18, 2006
        There are not any. But my excuse is a violent windstorm and savage cold
        (hey, this is the Pacific Northwest). We dropped into the teens last night!
        First time in ten years. FEMA is expected momentarily. My power was out
        for a day and I could not find the top for my oil lamp, and the stores were
        out of Presto logs for my woodstove. Local shopping center closed down.
        Traffic lights out.

        Local residents are bearing up as well as can be expected under the
        circumstances. In truth, we got a bit less cold and a great deal more wind
        than anticipated -- one of the local ferry docks was destroyed.

        Now for a Slovak question. Where or how do we post photographs, assuming
        that this terrible crisis gives me a chance to take some digital photos of
        my three excellent linen hand-made embroidered Liptov blouses? If the
        electricity stays on, of course.

        >I haven't been getting any messages. Are there any or is my computer not
        > picking them up.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Al Dubnicka

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Joe Armata
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 18, 2006
          Slovak-Roots on the left, then Photos on the left, then
          click on the Add Photo button.

          Joe

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 18, 2006
            GO HERE http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS
            Select the photos category from the left hand column. You can upload photos
            there, then announce them in an email message to the group.

            Bill

            >I haven't been getting any messages. Are there any or is my computer not
            > picking them up.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Al Dubnicka

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Marsha Duda Sumner
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 16, 2006
              Joe,
              I have not been receiving posts from S-R for more than a week.

              My address has not changed and I know that the list has not been idle for
              that long.

              Can you check to be sure that I am still signed up for postings?

              Marsha

            • Janet Kozlay
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 16, 2006
                Marsha, your message came through just fine. I think everyone is just too
                busy getting ready for Christmas right now. I'll bet things pick up
                afterwards.

                Janet

                _____