Re: [S-R] Lutheran Church Records

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 11, 2006
      When you compose your questions it would help if you keep all of the
      hints together so we can read them all at once instead of having to
      dig up preious posts. In this case I answered the one post and was
      not aware it was identified anywhere as Abramova today.

      The three Abramfalus are in Saros, Szepes and Turocz. The one by
      Turocz is now Abramova. SIRp RCath attended in Szentgyorgy - 118;
      Luth. in Ivankafalva - 125 and Izr Totprona - 5.

      Incidently, Tot or Toth was Hungarian for Slovak, so Tot Prona Would
      be Slovak Prona or perhaps H. Prona is also S. Prvno in direct
      translation.

      Ron

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, jwendland@... wrote:

      > Ron,
      >
      > Is this Abrahamfalva now called Obranesti that you mentioned the
      same as the
      > Abrahamfalva that is just northeast of Tot Prona on the old maps,
      and seems to
      > called Abramova today, while Tot Prona has become Slovenske
      Pravno?? I think