Anyone with an interest in people from Slovenske Pravno or nearby?

  • jwendland@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2006
      Hello,

      I am researching ancestors who came from Tot Prona/Slovenske Pravno and
      Abrahamfalva.

      Using Steve Morse's search tools, I have made a little database of the people
      who came from Tot Prona/Slovenske Pravno (I found something like 25 different
      spellings of that village name in the Ellis island database, so it takes
      quite a bit of searching to find all of them.) There are about three hundred
      people, with, as you'd expect, many intermarried families. They virtually all
      went to Chicago, and (at least in the early years) settled in two small areas of
      that city. I have been able to make some inferences about which individuals
      were most likely associates of my grandfather.

      Oddly enough, the people who came from Abrahamfalva, the town my grandfather
      was born in (which is less than two miles away from Tot Prona), mostly went to
      Ohio or Pennsylvania rather than Chicago.

      If the information on Tot Prona people would be of interest to anyone, I
      would be happy to share it.

      Best wishes,

      Jill