Does anyone know why one village is filmed and not a nearby one?

  • jwendland@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 10, 2006
      Two questions for those of you who know the LDS films:

      Does anyone know why one village is filmed and another nearby one is not?

      Is it likely that the records for a village that is not in the index will be
      found among the records for a nearby village. Or is it more likely that they
      have not been filmed? Or is there no way to tell until you go and look?

      Thanks so much.

      Jill Felzan

    • sabolj@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 10, 2006
        It is possible that the records for the other village were at a church
        in another village.

        Two questions for those of you who know the LDS films:

        Does anyone know why one village is filmed and another nearby one is
        not?

        Is it likely that the records for a village that is not in the index
        will be
        found among the records for a nearby village. Or is it more likely
        that they
        have not been filmed? Or is there no way to tell until you go and look?

        Thanks so much.

        Jill Felzan

        http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 10, 2006
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, jwendland@... wrote:

          1) There was no church in the village (of a particular religion)
          2) The records were lost
          3) Western Slovakia films have not been indexed and released.

          I would say that Abramova has fewer that 100 homes.

          > Two questions for those of you who know the LDS films:
          >
          > Does anyone know why one village is filmed and another nearby one
          is not?

          > Is it likely that the records for a village that is not in the
          index will be
          > found among the records for a nearby village. Or is it more
          likely that they
          > have not been filmed? Or is there no way to tell until you go and
          look?

          > Thanks so much.
          >
          > Jill Felzan

        • Vladimir Bohinc
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 10, 2006
            What was filmed were the parish records. One parish very often included several villages, but only the parish village is indexed.
            If you tell us what village you are looking for and what religion we shall tell you in what parish village there records were.
            Vladimir

            Two questions for those of you who know the LDS films:

            Does anyone know why one village is filmed and another nearby one is not?

            Is it likely that the records for a village that is not in the index will be
            found among the records for a nearby village. Or is it more likely that they
            have not been filmed? Or is there no way to tell until you go and look?

            Thanks so much.

            Jill Felzan

            Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree

            http://www.eset.sk

          • jump4toys@aol.com

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 11, 2006
                This place is now called Svaljava in Ukraine, is big enough to have it's own parish and was not filmed.
                Vladimir

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 11, 2006
                  Looking for Brodske. Names: Novosak, Pavlik

                • Peggy
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 11, 2006
                    Hi:

                    I have the Pavlik name in my line. Email me , mleva@... if
                    interested in more info.

                    Peggy

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 11, 2006
                      If this town is big enough to have it's own parish...then what does that
                      mean? That it was not filmed and is thus where are the records?

                      DAniel

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 12, 2006
                        >>> If this town is big enough to have it's own parish...then what
                        does that mean? That it was not filmed and is thus where are the
                        records? <<<

                        Church records are likely in the archives in Ukraine, which are
                        generally not accessable and have not been filmed by LDS.

                        Try a Ukrainian genealogy group for better info.
                      • Vladimir Bohinc
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 12, 2006
                          If the town is big enough to have it's own parish, this means you could search in the LDS Index and if it were filmed, it would appear there.
                          If the place was smaller and did not have it's own parish, than you could not look in that Index or better say, even if it were filmed, you would not find it in that Index.
                          Vladimir

                          >>> If this town is big enough to have it's own parish...then what
                          does that mean? That it was not filmed and is thus where are the
                          records? <<<

                          Church records are likely in the archives in Ukraine, which are
                          generally not accessable and have not been filmed by LDS.

                          Try a Ukrainian genealogy group for better info.

                          Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree

                          http://www.eset.sk

                        • Marianne Petruska
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 13, 2006
                            If the village was in Slovakia, try looking for a film for a larger
                            adjacent village.

                            MARIANNE

                            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, jump4toys@... wrote:

                            > If this town is big enough to have it's own parish...then what does
                            that
                            > mean? That it was not filmed and is thus where are the records?
                            >
                            > DAniel
                            >
                            > This place is now called Svaljava in Ukraine, is big enough to
                            have it's own
                            > parish and was not filmed.
                            > Vladimir

                          • Thomas J Lopatosky
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 13, 2006
                              Where is the town of Lascova located? My dad came from there.
                            • johnqadam
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 14, 2006
                                >>> Where is the town of Lascova located? My dad came from there.

                                Latitude 49°10' Longitude 21°29'