Re: [S-R] RE: Trip to Slovakia and Poland

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6 8:22 PM
      >>> We are flying Continental/KLM/CSA from Newark to Warsaw to Rzeszow
      (back to > Warsaw) to Prague to Kosice (back to Prague) and home to
      Newark. <<<

      Whoa!!! Have a look at a map.

      Rzeszow is due north of Kosice and there is basically a single major
      highway between them. Your flights will take a lot longer than the 250
      km drive. There has to be a better way than spending a large amount of
      time at successive airports in three countries.

      Look at alternatives before you buy that ticket. How about a bus or
      train if you don't want to drive?
    • nhasior@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7 3:54 AM
        brookft@... writes:

        > but did decide to get a package of
        > travel/medical insurance through our homeowners policy

        that is very interesting. i never knew that we could do that. since next
        year i plan to stay long term in Poland and Slovakia, i may check into this type
        of insurance. is it very expensive?

      • Jerry & Liz Dente
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7 5:06 AM
          The insurance covers everything - trip cancellation, trip delays, baggage
          lost or delayed, accidents, injury, illness, medical transport back to the
          states, lost body parts and/or transport of your body back to the States!
          It's based on your age and length of trip. I'm 59 and for our 10 day trip
          it is $99 each. The phone number is 800-243-3174 or 877-771-1189. I'm
          getting it through my insurance company, USAA, so those numbers might not be
          for the general public but I'm sure they could connect you.

          Liz, Jerry, Pumpkin, Angel, Frank, Tank, Willie, Breezy, Brutus and Ritter
          Dente
          and our beloved Sweet Pea and her prince Roscoe,
          Austin, Rusty, Mozart and Tini at the Bridge.
          Brookfort Dachshund Rescue Resort in New Jersey
          Dachshund Rescue of North America

          ...You were never masters, but friends. I was your friend. I loved you well,
          and was loved. Deep love endures to the end and far past the end. If this
          is my end, I am not lonely. I am not afraid. I am still yours. (Jeffers)

          _____

          > travel/medical insurance through our homeowners policy

          that is very interesting. i never knew that we could do that. since next
          year i plan to stay long term in Poland and Slovakia, i may check into this
          type
          of insurance. is it very expensive?

          Slovak
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Slovak+republic&w1=Slovak+republic&w2=G
          enealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5=Famil
          y+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=dnv91ylWERA__5osg-V0EA>
          republic Genealogy
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+research&w1=Slovak+republic&w
          2=Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5=Fa
          mily+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=IxQG7-cGB8JZfk2mXXl8Y
          g> research Cellular
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w1=Slovak+re
          public&w2=Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealo
          gy&w5=Family+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=S2Db6XG5tAosq
          F70NYHWMg> phone family plan
          Family
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+genealogy&w1=Slovak+republic&w2=
          Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5=Fami
          ly+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=1D92S0upPyr3TMGKtl9ciA>
          genealogy Family
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+vacations&w1=Slovak+republic&w2=
          Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5=Fami
          ly+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=ZtKwZ0NUYi_-TGva0otlxA>
          vacations Genealogy
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Slovak+republi
          c&w2=Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5
          =Family+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=8N3Z9g6D2XvZJAcVlG
          XQXQ> family tree

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "SLOVAK-ROOTS
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> " on the web.

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          _____

        • Michael Mojher
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 7 10:44 AM
            I agree with John on about finding another means other than flying to Kosice. It would save you time and money.
            Michael Mojher

            >>> We are flying Continental/KLM/CSA from Newark to Warsaw to Rzeszow
            (back to > Warsaw) to Prague to Kosice (back to Prague) and home to
            Newark. <<<

            Whoa!!! Have a look at a map.

            Rzeszow is due north of Kosice and there is basically a single major
            highway between them. Your flights will take a lot longer than the 250
            km drive. There has to be a better way than spending a large amount of
            time at successive airports in three countries.

            Look at alternatives before you buy that ticket. How about a bus or
            train if you don't want to drive?

            Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree