[S-R] Re: Trip to Slovakia and Poland

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6 8:11 PM
      >>> A Bancomats in Kosice ate one of my cards because there was a
      snafu between my bank and their European counterpart. Put your
      notification to the bank/card companies in writing! <<<<

      A GREAT point. I call my credit card company prior to travel and have
      them put a note on my file as to the destination and duration of
      travel. Furthermore, I overpay my balance as well. That way, my credit
      card ALSO becomes a debit card -- they can't charge interest on a
      credit balance! This offers extra protection if something major was to
      happen -- like a hospital stay.

      Those that are exchanging CASH are carrying cash. Bad choice in my
      view. Two credit cards, two debit cards and I am covered four ways --
      unless I was to lose it all.