RE: [S-R] RE: Trip to Slovakia and Poland

  • Jerry & Liz Dente
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2006
      I thought it was strange too, to require a certain amount of money and
      health insurance. Sounds like one of those rules no one enforces. We will
      NOT bring large amounts of cash - but did decide to get a package of
      travel/medical insurance through our homeowners policy. Also glad I read
      the State Department info as we will be getting some vaccine updates before
      we go.
      I really want to thank everyone for all the information and guidance.
      We are flying Continental/KLM/CSA from Newark to Warsaw to Rzeszow (back to
      Warsaw) to Prague to Kosice (back to Prague) and home to Newark. Still
      haven't confirmed, Here is the information I found..
      U.S. Department of State
      Bureau of Consular Affairs
      Washington, DC 20520

      Consular Information Sheet

      _____

      <http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1478.html> Please click
      on this link to read important information you should see before you travel
      abroad

      This information is current as of today, Mon Feb 06 22:30:41 2006.

      Slovak Republic

      Americans planning travel to Slovak Republic should read
      <http://travel.state.gov/family/adoption/country/country_446.html>
      International Adoption Slovakia available on the Department of State web
      site at <http://travel.state.gov/> http://travel.state.gov

      November 09, 2005

      COUNTRY DESCRIPTION: The Slovak Republic is a rapidly developing European
      nation. Tourist facilities are not as developed as those found in Western
      Europe, particularly outside the major cities, and some goods and services
      taken for granted in other European countries are occasionally unavailable.
      Read the Department of State <http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/3430.htm>
      Background Notes on the Slovak Republic at
      <http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/3430.htm>
      http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/3430.htm for additional information.

      ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS: A passport is required. A visa is not required
      for stays for tourism or business up to 90 days within six months of the
      date of first entry into the Slovak Republic. For stays longer than 90
      days, or for purposes other than business or tourism, a visa must be
      obtained prior to entering the country at Slovak embassies or consulates
      abroad. Visas cannot be obtained at the border upon arrival.

      All foreigners seeking entry into the Slovak Republic must carry proof of a
      medical insurance policy contracted for payment of all costs for
      hospitalization and medical treatment in the Slovak Republic. Border police
      have the right to request evidence of finances sufficient to pay for the
      proposed stay in the Slovak Republic in the amount of $50 per person per
      day. See our
      <http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/brochures/brochures_1229.html> Foreign
      Entry Requirements brochure for more information on the Slovak Republic and
      other countries.

      ALso found the same requirements at

      <http://www.slovakembassy-us.org/wwwAnglicky/travel%20to%20the%20SR.doc>
      http://www.slovakembassy-us.org/wwwAnglicky/travel%20to%20the%20SR.doc

      Liz Dente

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2006
        >>> We are flying Continental/KLM/CSA from Newark to Warsaw to Rzeszow
        (back to > Warsaw) to Prague to Kosice (back to Prague) and home to
        Newark. <<<

        Whoa!!! Have a look at a map.

        Rzeszow is due north of Kosice and there is basically a single major
        highway between them. Your flights will take a lot longer than the 250
        km drive. There has to be a better way than spending a large amount of
        time at successive airports in three countries.

        Look at alternatives before you buy that ticket. How about a bus or
        train if you don't want to drive?
      • nhasior@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2006
          brookft@... writes:

          > but did decide to get a package of
          > travel/medical insurance through our homeowners policy

          that is very interesting. i never knew that we could do that. since next
          year i plan to stay long term in Poland and Slovakia, i may check into this type
          of insurance. is it very expensive?

        • Jerry & Liz Dente
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 7, 2006
            The insurance covers everything - trip cancellation, trip delays, baggage
            lost or delayed, accidents, injury, illness, medical transport back to the
            states, lost body parts and/or transport of your body back to the States!
            It's based on your age and length of trip. I'm 59 and for our 10 day trip
            it is $99 each. The phone number is 800-243-3174 or 877-771-1189. I'm
            getting it through my insurance company, USAA, so those numbers might not be
            for the general public but I'm sure they could connect you.

            Liz, Jerry, Pumpkin, Angel, Frank, Tank, Willie, Breezy, Brutus and Ritter
            Dente
            and our beloved Sweet Pea and her prince Roscoe,
            Austin, Rusty, Mozart and Tini at the Bridge.
            Brookfort Dachshund Rescue Resort in New Jersey
            Dachshund Rescue of North America

            ...You were never masters, but friends. I was your friend. I loved you well,
            and was loved. Deep love endures to the end and far past the end. If this
            is my end, I am not lonely. I am not afraid. I am still yours. (Jeffers)

            _____

            > travel/medical insurance through our homeowners policy

            that is very interesting. i never knew that we could do that. since next
            year i plan to stay long term in Poland and Slovakia, i may check into this
            type
            of insurance. is it very expensive?

            Slovak
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Slovak+republic&w1=Slovak+republic&w2=G
            enealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5=Famil
            y+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=dnv91ylWERA__5osg-V0EA>
            republic Genealogy
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+research&w1=Slovak+republic&w
            2=Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5=Fa
            mily+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=IxQG7-cGB8JZfk2mXXl8Y
            g> research Cellular
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w1=Slovak+re
            public&w2=Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealo
            gy&w5=Family+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=S2Db6XG5tAosq
            F70NYHWMg> phone family plan
            Family
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+genealogy&w1=Slovak+republic&w2=
            Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5=Fami
            ly+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=1D92S0upPyr3TMGKtl9ciA>
            genealogy Family
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+vacations&w1=Slovak+republic&w2=
            Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5=Fami
            ly+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=ZtKwZ0NUYi_-TGva0otlxA>
            vacations Genealogy
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Slovak+republi
            c&w2=Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5
            =Family+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=8N3Z9g6D2XvZJAcVlG
            XQXQ> family tree

            _____

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            * Visit your group "SLOVAK-ROOTS
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> " on the web.

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            _____

          • Michael Mojher
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 7, 2006
              I agree with John on about finding another means other than flying to Kosice. It would save you time and money.
              Michael Mojher

              >>> We are flying Continental/KLM/CSA from Newark to Warsaw to Rzeszow
              (back to > Warsaw) to Prague to Kosice (back to Prague) and home to
              Newark. <<<

              Whoa!!! Have a look at a map.

              Rzeszow is due north of Kosice and there is basically a single major
              highway between them. Your flights will take a lot longer than the 250
              km drive. There has to be a better way than spending a large amount of
              time at successive airports in three countries.

              Look at alternatives before you buy that ticket. How about a bus or
              train if you don't want to drive?

              Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree