Re: [S-R] Re: Trip to Slovakia and Poland

  • Linda Hartlaub
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2006
      I agree. I was never asked for proof of insurance or to show money. Credit cards would suffice in any event to show you had means to pay for expenses there. Just be sure to advise your bank and credit card companies you will be in Central Europe. A Bancomats in Kosice ate one of my cards because there was a snafu between my bank and their European counterpart. Put your notification to the bank/card companies in writing!

      Linda

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2006
        >>> A Bancomats in Kosice ate one of my cards because there was a
        snafu between my bank and their European counterpart. Put your
        notification to the bank/card companies in writing! <<<<

        A GREAT point. I call my credit card company prior to travel and have
        them put a note on my file as to the destination and duration of
        travel. Furthermore, I overpay my balance as well. That way, my credit
        card ALSO becomes a debit card -- they can't charge interest on a
        credit balance! This offers extra protection if something major was to
        happen -- like a hospital stay.

        Those that are exchanging CASH are carrying cash. Bad choice in my
        view. Two credit cards, two debit cards and I am covered four ways --
        unless I was to lose it all.