Re: [S-R] Trip to Slovakia and Poland

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2006
      In a message dated 2/6/06 6:45:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, sunkat@...
      writes:

      > I can't answer as well for using money in Poland,

      It is pretty much the same. just have to find a Kantor and exchange USD for
      Zloty.
      i actually found it easier to exchange money in Poland than in Slovakia. In
      Slovakia, i had to find a hotel that had an exchange Kantor and then you had
      to show your passport to get Koruny. In Poland, just an exchange was made, no
      passport no fuss.

    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2006
        Why not just use your ATM card and withdraw small
        amounts often -- worked very well for me in Germany
        and Ireland a few years back -- or exchange your US
        cash at a bank in one of the larger cities. To avoid
        all of that, just use your credit card if that's an
        option and then you won't have to deal with being
        pick-pocketed or getting rid of any left over foreign
        currency at the end of your trip.

        The cash requirements are so that they know you aren't
        vagrant and can afford to stay the duration of your
        trip -- but I too have never had it enforced, just
        asked of me when they stamp your passport.

        Have a fun trip!

        Caye

        http://mail.yahoo.com