Valkovce or Vojkovce or Kalava - Follow up Rabatin, Marinchen, Roskos, Sabol

  • wtravlr1
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
      I do have the towns located the Podrobny Autoatlas of Slovakia, has
      very good maps.

      I have written letters to the Rabatin's listed in the Slovak phone
      directory in and around the Kalava and Presov areas. No responses as
      yet letters sent about 3 to 4 weeks ago to listed Rabatin(ova's). One
      small email response from an Ing.Rabatin in Presov. sent email, no
      secondary response from him.

      LDS - at least in the Tampa area, I have called and visited a number
      of churches, found none open during business week. Called the LDS
      History Center in the Tampa area, left phone message (I do have the
      LDS numbers of the Micro's) but no response from messages left.

      I will be back in the Tampa area next week and will call the LDS yet,
      again for a response. And I also hope to hear from the people I wrote
      letters to as well as email's sent (letters contained info on my
      family tree to see if they felt there was a connection as well as
      sources to look my tree up on the internet).

      Have also sent for more death certificates from the State of
      Pennsylvania. 3 weeks and waiting.

      I also have contacted a local person recommended, that is doing prlim.
      research for me in the areas mentioned.

      I seem to see that most of the Rabatin's come from the Kalava area,
      but they all seem to be Catholic. Not sure at this point whether the
      area contained Luthern's in the late 1800's. or wheather there is an
      area that was or still is Luthern.

      have had a few inputs on what "Walkovec" may have translated into
      these seem to be the towns of Valkovce or Vojkovce.

      Leaving for Slovakia in April.
      Hope to have more info by then will follow up on your information.
      thanks
      andy
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
        >>> Called the LDS History Center in the Tampa area, left phone
        message (I do have the LDS numbers of the Micro's) but no response
        from messages left. I will be back in the Tampa area next week and
        will call the LDS yet,again for a response. <<<

        LDS Family History Center, Tampa Florida
        7851 Lutz Lake Fern Rd
        Odessa, Hillsborough, Florida
        Phone: 813-926-3596
        Hours: T,W 9am-5pm; Th 9am-9pm; Sat 9am-1pm

        There is no point in visiting the LDS churches. The Family History
        Center is the only place to go. Their address and hours are shown
        above. What do you expect to learn from a phone call?

        Keep in mind that they are all volunteers and will know next to
        nothing (personally) about Slovakia or Poland. They WILL be able to
        order the church records films, which may take about a month to
        arrive. YOU have to do the research -- not them.
      • wtravlr1
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@...>
          Just trying to learn the hours of operation from the phone call. They
          were not listed in the telephone book. Already had the citation
          numbers to order.