Budapest to Michalovce

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2006
      >>> We are going to use our miles with Continental Airlines to fly to
      Krakow and/or Budapest and then try to make the easiest connections
      from there.<<<

      I can't speak about Krakow. If you depart Budapest at 0900 heading
      east across Hungary, you will be crossing the border into Slovakia at
      about noon at Satoraljaujhely. Onward to Michalovce you will be in
      Michalovce after 60 km, not more than an hour.

      Going the other way, we left Michalovce around 0900 and had dinner in
      a village on the far side of Vienna.

      Best map book for Slovakia is Podrobny Auto Atlas, scale 1:100.000
      available from Slovak Import Company http://www.slovakic.com/index.php?
      category=BMMAPS for US$20 and he has Poland scale 1:300,000 for US$40.

      Don't leave home without the map books.