Map Coordinates in Poland - corrected

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
      >>> . . . we would make the trip to Poland and visit Lipinki ad
      Biez . . . Rozalin Bielow Woj Tarnosbzeg . . . Krzatka Woj
      Tarnosbzeg <<<

      I have corrected the map coordinates for Lipinki and located the
      nearest Rozalin using ShtetlSeeker.

      Lipinki 49°40' 21°19'
      Pagorzyna 49°42' 21°21'
      Krztka 50°24' 21°51'
      Rozalin 50°27' 21°41'

      ShtetlSeeker will take you to each village via Mapquest.
    • Jerry & Liz Dente
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
        Thanks so much - looking the up now towns now on shtetlseeker and will visit
        LDS family history center in Short Hills NJ next week. It was also
        suggested I write the mayors of each town and will do that. We are very
        excited about arranging the trip. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
        We are going to use our miles with Continental Airlines to fly to Krakow
        and/or Budapest and then try to make the easiest connections from there.
        Thanks again for all the help.
        Liz, Jerry, Pumpkin, Angel, Frank, Tank, Willie, Breezy, Brutus, Flora Dora
        and Ritter Dente
        and our beloved Sweet Pea and her prince Roscoe,
        Austin, Rusty, Mozart and Tini at the Bridge.
        Brookfort Dachshund Rescue Resort in New Jersey
        Dachshund Rescue of North America

        ...You were never masters, but friends. I was your friend. I loved you well,
        and was loved. Deep love endures to the end and far past the end. If this
        is my end, I am not lonely. I am not afraid. I am still yours. (Jeffers)

        _____

        >>> . . . we would make the trip to Poland and visit Lipinki ad
        Biez . . . Rozalin Bielow Woj Tarnosbzeg . . . Krzatka Woj
        Tarnosbzeg <<<

        I have corrected the map coordinates for Lipinki and located the
        nearest Rozalin using ShtetlSeeker.

        Lipinki 49°40' 21°19'
        Pagorzyna 49°42' 21°21'
        Krztka 50°24' 21°51'
        Rozalin 50°27' 21°41'

        ShtetlSeeker will take you to each village via Mapquest.

        Slovak
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Slovak+republic&w1=Slovak+republic&w2=G
        enealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5=Famil
        y+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=dnv91ylWERA__5osg-V0EA>
        republic Genealogy
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+research&w1=Slovak+republic&w
        2=Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5=Fa
        mily+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=IxQG7-cGB8JZfk2mXXl8Y
        g> research Cellular
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w1=Slovak+re
        public&w2=Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealo
        gy&w5=Family+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=S2Db6XG5tAosq
        F70NYHWMg> phone family plan
        Family
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+genealogy&w1=Slovak+republic&w2=
        Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5=Fami
        ly+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=1D92S0upPyr3TMGKtl9ciA>
        genealogy Family
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+vacations&w1=Slovak+republic&w2=
        Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5=Fami
        ly+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=ZtKwZ0NUYi_-TGva0otlxA>
        vacations Genealogy
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Slovak+republi
        c&w2=Genealogy+research&w3=Cellular+phone+family+plan&w4=Family+genealogy&w5
        =Family+vacations&w6=Genealogy+family+tree&c=6&s=148&.sig=8N3Z9g6D2XvZJAcVlG
        XQXQ> family tree

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "SLOVAK-ROOTS
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> " on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

      • John Venham
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2006
          You could try Vista Travel Agency in Hungary for your
          further travels from Budapest. They often have good
          deals on regional airfares.

          www.vista.hu

          John V

          "The Journey is the Reward"

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • GoSlovakia@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2006
            Have you tried to go to " Google Earth." It is an amazing resource with which you can type in the location of the place you want to find, and it will take you there via a satelite map. once there you can do many things like zoom in and out, select various landmarks, etc. And the neatest part is that along the bottom on the satelite view, it depicts the exact lat/longs and altitude.

            George
            GoSlovakia

            You could try Vista Travel Agency in Hungary for your
            further travels from Budapest. They often have good
            deals on regional airfares.

            www.vista.hu

            John V

            --- Jerry & Liz Dente <brookft@...> wrote:

            > Thanks so much - looking the up now towns now on
            > shtetlseeker and will visit
            > LDS family history center in Short Hills NJ next
            > week. It was also
            > suggested I write the mayors of each town and will
            > do that. We are very
            > excited about arranging the trip. Any suggestions
            > are greatly appreciated.
            > We are going to use our miles with Continental
            > Airlines to fly to Krakow
            > and/or Budapest and then try to make the easiest
            > connections from there.
            > Thanks again for all the help.
            > Liz, Jerry, Pumpkin, Angel, Frank, Tank, Willie,
            > Breezy, Brutus, Flora Dora
            > and Ritter Dente
            > and our beloved Sweet Pea and her prince Roscoe,
            > Austin, Rusty, Mozart and Tini at the Bridge.
            > Brookfort Dachshund Rescue Resort in New Jersey
            > Dachshund Rescue of North America
            >
            > ...You were never masters, but friends. I was your
            > friend. I loved you well,
            > and was loved. Deep love endures to the end and far
            > past the end. If this
            > is my end, I am not lonely. I am not afraid. I am
            > still yours. (Jeffers)
            >

            > _____

            "The Journey is the Reward"