RE: [S-R] Re: Trip to Aloshalas Slovakia

  • Jerry & Liz Dente
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
      Dear John, Unfortunately, we don't have much of a plan. If someone is
      willing to help me do more research (I would be more than willing to pay a
      fee) to find out more about Janos Kuriplach (and his wife Anna Siwak) and
      Nizna Rybnica I would be very grateful.
      If nothing else, we just hoped to walk the streets and know that we were
      making a connection with the past...

      After that we would make the trip to Poland and visit Lipinki ad Biez
      (SUREK). Rozalin Bielow Woj Tarnosbzeg (REGULA) and Krzatka Woj Tarnosbzeg
      (SUDOL). Stanislaus Regula (born May 5, 1872 son of Anny Regula) married
      Marianna Sudol (born May 5, 1874 daughter of Wojciecha Sudol and ANny
      Serafin) in Krzatka woj Tarnobreg, Majdan, Kolbuszowa 25 November 1896.
      Thanks for the continued help and encouragement from the list...

      Liz and Jerry Dente
      New Jersey

      _____

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
        Unbelievable!
        You're going to Lipinki? I was there in 1995 .. and you're probably my
        cousin!

        My mother's mother came from Pagorzyna, about 4 miles from Lipinki, and
        was baptized in the church at Lipinki. Lovely little church with a
        solid, stone baptismal font in the front of the church.
        I have some records from there ... the LDS filmed part of those records.

        I have transcribed many of those records ...Surek [Szurek] appears on
        many of them.

        My mother's family lived in Amsterdam, NY, where I have 100's of cousins.

        Email me off list and I'll give you some information about that area.

        Don Havlicek
        Edmore, MI

        Jerry & Liz Dente wrote:
        > Dear John, Unfortunately, we don't have much of a plan. If someone is
        > willing to help me do more research (I would be more than willing to pay a
        > fee) to find out more about Janos Kuriplach (and his wife Anna Siwak) and
        > Nizna Rybnica I would be very grateful.
        > If nothing else, we just hoped to walk the streets and know that we were
        > making a connection with the past...
        >
        > After that we would make the trip to Poland and visit Lipinki ad Biez
        > (SUREK). Rozalin Bielow Woj Tarnosbzeg (REGULA) and Krzatka Woj Tarnosbzeg
        > (SUDOL). Stanislaus Regula (born May 5, 1872 son of Anny Regula) married
        > Marianna Sudol (born May 5, 1874 daughter of Wojciecha Sudol and ANny
        > Serafin) in Krzatka woj Tarnobreg, Majdan, Kolbuszowa 25 November 1896.
        > Thanks for the continued help and encouragement from the list...
        >

        > Liz and Jerry Dente
        > New Jersey
        >

        > _____

      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
          (and his wife Anna Siwak) and Nizna Rybnica I would be very
          grateful.

          It doesn't sound like you have researched any of the church records.
          They are available to you in NEW Jersey. It will cost you about $5.

          CENTER (FHC)

          LDS has Greek Catholic parish registers of births, marriages and
          deaths for Nižná Rybnica, Slovakia, formerly Alsó-Ribnyicza (or
          Alsóhalas), Ung, Hungary. Includes affiliated towns of Komárovce,
          Slovakia, formerly Szobránc-Komoróc, Ung, Hungary and Sobrance,
          Slovakia, formerly Szobránc, Ung, Hungary.

          Krstení 1821-1848 Zomrelí 1820-1848 Sobášení 1823-1849 Krstení 1849-
          1852 - FHL INTL Film [ 1792925 Items 5-6 ]

          Krstení 1853-1890 Zomrelí 1848-1890 Sobášení 1850-1890 Krstení 1891-
          1910 Zomrelí 1891-1909 Sobášení 1891-1909 - FHL INTL Film [ 1792926
          Items 1-2 ]

          Center (FHC) and determine their hours of operation. You will need
          to go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the
          film will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your
          research.

          TRANSLATION OF CHURCH RECORDS
          translations.

          LDS also has a pretty good translation guide which you can download.
          See forums.delphiforums.com/iarelative/messages message #3931.1 for
          details.

          >>> If nothing else, we just hoped to walk the streets and know that
          we were making a connection with the past... <<<

          In Nizna Rybica, there is ONE street and it is about ONE mile long.
          If you have gone that far and are into wine, there are wineries that
          could be visited at Tibava and Orechova. Michalovce is worth a day,
          unless you tie in with the cousins that you have found there and
          have reason to extend your stay. The hotel I suggested is on the
          main walking mall and that walk is good for about an hour. On a fine
          afternoon, a beer in the outdoor patio of the hotel is enjoyable.

          Best to get crackin' on those church records. AFTER that, you might
          want to get Mick Sura to make some phone calls to Michalovce on your
          behalf. No need to pay Mick to do what you can do perfectly well by
          yourself.