Re: Slovak Telephone numbers

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
      >>> website http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/ for possible relatives and was
      wondering if anyone knew what Ing. meant in front of a persons name.<<<

      Bill answered your specific Ing question. As you can see from the
      phone listings, Slovaks consider their advanced educational and
      political degrees to be very important.

      Ing. John Adam, I are one too!
    • Tim Skvarenina
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
        I believe it means engineer.

        Tim Skvarenina

        --- Janet McKinley <meg-n-andysmom@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi, I was looking at this website
        > http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/ for possible relatives
        > and was wondering if anyone knew what Ing. meant in
        > front of a persons name.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Janet McKinley
        >
        > searching for: Hospodar, Celar, Koval,
        > Olenik/Olejnik, Sedlak

        > removed]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • X
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
          Tim Skvarenina is correct. I asked my cousin in Presov what it meant and he also said it meant a degree in engineering.

          Bud Whisler

          wrote:

          > Hi, I was looking at this website
          > http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/ for possible relatives
          > and was wondering if anyone knew what Ing. meant in
          > front of a persons name.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Janet McKinley
          >
          > searching for: Hospodar, Celar, Koval,
          > Olenik/Olejnik, Sedlak

          > removed]

          ---------------------------------

        • Janet McKinley
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
            Thanks everyone for your replies regarding the abbreviation for Ing.!

            Janet McKinley

            searching for: Hospodar, Celar, Koval, Olenik/Olejnik, Sedlak
            Engineers have more status in Slovakia than they do in the States...and I
            are one... :(

            --
            Bill Tarkulich
            http://www.iabsi.com