Re: [S-R] Slovak Telephone numbers

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
      "Engineer".

      Engineers have more status in Slovakia than they do in the States...and I
      are one... :(

      --
      Bill Tarkulich
      http://www.iabsi.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
        >>> website http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/ for possible relatives and was
        wondering if anyone knew what Ing. meant in front of a persons name.<<<

        Bill answered your specific Ing question. As you can see from the
        phone listings, Slovaks consider their advanced educational and
        political degrees to be very important.

        Ing. John Adam, I are one too!
      • Tim Skvarenina
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
          I believe it means engineer.

          Tim Skvarenina

          --- Janet McKinley <meg-n-andysmom@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi, I was looking at this website
          > http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/ for possible relatives
          > and was wondering if anyone knew what Ing. meant in
          > front of a persons name.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Janet McKinley
          >
          > searching for: Hospodar, Celar, Koval,
          > Olenik/Olejnik, Sedlak

          > removed]

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • X
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
            Tim Skvarenina is correct. I asked my cousin in Presov what it meant and he also said it meant a degree in engineering.

            Bud Whisler

            wrote:

            > Hi, I was looking at this website
            > http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/ for possible relatives
            > and was wondering if anyone knew what Ing. meant in
            > front of a persons name.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Janet McKinley
            >
            > searching for: Hospodar, Celar, Koval,
            > Olenik/Olejnik, Sedlak

            > removed]

          • Janet McKinley
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
              Thanks everyone for your replies regarding the abbreviation for Ing.!

              --
              Bill Tarkulich
              http://www.iabsi.com