Slovak Telephone numbers

  • Janet McKinley
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi, I was looking at this website http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/ for possible relatives and was wondering if anyone knew what Ing. meant in front of a persons name.

      Thanks,
      Janet McKinley

      searching for: Hospodar, Celar, Koval, Olenik/Olejnik, Sedlak

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
        "Engineer".

        Engineers have more status in Slovakia than they do in the States...and I
        are one... :(

        --
        Bill Tarkulich
        http://www.iabsi.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
          >>> website http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/ for possible relatives and was
          wondering if anyone knew what Ing. meant in front of a persons name.<<<

          Bill answered your specific Ing question. As you can see from the
          phone listings, Slovaks consider their advanced educational and
          political degrees to be very important.

          Ing. John Adam, I are one too!
        • Tim Skvarenina
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
            I believe it means engineer.

            Tim Skvarenina

            --- Janet McKinley <meg-n-andysmom@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi, I was looking at this website
            > http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/ for possible relatives
            > and was wondering if anyone knew what Ing. meant in
            > front of a persons name.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Janet McKinley
            >
            > searching for: Hospodar, Celar, Koval,
            > Olenik/Olejnik, Sedlak

            > removed]

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • X
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
              Tim Skvarenina is correct. I asked my cousin in Presov what it meant and he also said it meant a degree in engineering.

              Bud Whisler

              wrote:

              > Hi, I was looking at this website
              > http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/ for possible relatives
              > and was wondering if anyone knew what Ing. meant in
              > front of a persons name.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Janet McKinley
              >
              > searching for: Hospodar, Celar, Koval,
              > Olenik/Olejnik, Sedlak

              > removed]

            • Janet McKinley
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
                Thanks everyone for your replies regarding the abbreviation for Ing.!

                --
                Bill Tarkulich
                http://www.iabsi.com