Re: [S-R] Bliztian = Blis't'an

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
      >>> A nice assortment of distant cousins -- is there a what's-it over
      the s? It looks like a z~ in old records but the towns are definitely
      in the right ballpark. <<<

      YES, thre is a what's-it over the s that makes it sound like sh.

      >>> I have yet to find anyone of that name who emigrated to America.
      <<<

      Here's are a few for starters. I used the Morse white form.

      1 Blistan,Evelina Prilishina 1902 30 1872
      2 Blistan,Martin 1906 35 1871
      3 Blistan,Martin Stz. Peter 1903 32 1871
      4 Blistan,Michek Salem, Ohio 1919 33 1886
      5 Blistanova,Marie Bridgeport, U.S.A. 1924 43 1881