With Regets to Slovaks of Colorado

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 25, 2006
      My grandson is a 6th Generation Slovak-American.

      Few Slovak families can say the same about 6 generations in America...

      My great-grandfather came to America to find fame and fortune in the gold
      fields of Colorado in the 1880's.

      He was among the first in eastern Slovakia to immigrate to America.

      My Grandmother was born in Pueblo, Colorado in 1892.

      I have deep roots in Colorado. A friend of ours in Pueblo still sells
      Slovak-American Colorado Kolac on the internet.

      With that said, "The REAL Slovak-American Football Team beat the hell out of
      the Denver Bronco's on Sunday".

      The Pittsburgh Steelers are the only team with a Polka Fight Song.

      On the radio last week Steve Savran said that Jimmy's Polka is the only real
      Steelers Fight Song.

      Even if you aren't a real Slovak-American football fan, check out
      www.Steelers2006.com for Steelers Polka Fun.

      Great football polka fun with Jimmy Pol and Del Sinchak.

      30 Second samples of the songs are available at the web site.

      Greg Kopchak
      It's All Relative